Stéphanie a passé 4 jours à la maison, c'est une personne très attentive aux autres et respectueuse. Cela a été un grand plaisir de l'accueillir et de discuter avec elle. Je vous recommande chaleureusement Stéphanie.
Séjour très agréable.
Véronique est très arrangeante, et la chambre est spacieuse. Le logement dans son ensemble est également très bien, et ne manque de rien.
Le quartier est calme, avec de nombreux bus à proximité permettant de rejoindre facilement le centre-ville de Liège, et les alentours.
Je recommande fortement.
***DO NOT RENT THIS PLACE FOR A LONG STAY***
This may be a long review on this rental, but the truth must be highlighted.
While in the start they may seem nice people, but if anyone is planning for staying here more than one month should move on to other options. I was a tenant at this house from October 2019 to mid-July 2020 and I waited almost 20 days before this review because I wanted to wait and when I got no final reply from them so I am writing this (check the 1st point to know what I mean here). There is no ill-will from my side but what they did with me, and their overall pitiful behavior has left me baffled and has seriously affected my view of the French people. I had always respected them as my own family and always accepted whatever unfair demand (related to cleaning, living, cooking etc.) they threw at me because I always thought I have only a few months with them so I wanted to avoid conflict, but they took this as a sign of me being a coward who would accept anything like a slave. I also wanted to change my accommodation in February but the coronavirus problem made it not possible.
Keeping everything short please keep the following points in mind when renting this house:
1. The main point is, these people literally worship money and they will do anything for even a meager amount of 70 Euros to make problems for you. Human feelings or a good time spent with them does not matter to them, only money matters. My room deposit with them was only 70 euros, when I was leaving they started telling me a few days before, “the bathroom is not clean, the room is not clean, the bathing area glass and bathing floor has permanent marks, the room walls have marks“, this and that. I tried hard for 2 days, for hours, trying to clean everything. Finally, when cleaning was not the issue, having no other excuse, they told me the pillows are dirty and the mattress has green marks (both of which were because of my bedsheet and pillow covers which were dark green). They did not even try cleaning them and just messaged me I have to give them 40 Euros because they are permanently damaged. They also insulted me, disrespected me and mentally tortured me for leaving their soap, towel and slipper mat in the bathroom and not putting it in the laundry for cleaning (the laundry was attached to the bathroom, but they were nitpicking to find things to justify their shouting and disrespect). The woman astrid also put slipper mat and two empty toilet rolls in the middle of the bathroom and sent me a picture and asked me with disgust that “WHY I LEFT THESE THINGS LIKE THIS”, while I never left them laying in the middle of the bathroom (why would I do that, no sensible person would do that). She lied and staged a fake drama to somehow make me leave the 70 euro deposit. I have the pictures and conversation if someone wants they can contact me on my email (email@example.com). They arrogantly said, “we will send you the pictures of receipts of everything we buy because of your damage, we are not liars”. Finally, they never transferred the remaining 30 euros to my account or sent me any receipts of the pillows or stuff they bought because of my damage which proves their only aim was to somehow not give me my deposit back. 70 Euros is not a big amount even for a foreigner like me but for them it is and the way they treated me for just 70 Euros was just sad.
Also keep the following things in mind for this rental:
2. You cant bring your friend (even the same-sex friend) to the room for just having a chit chat or lunch/dinner. They also don’t accept if your friend brings his/her car/bike in front of their house as well.
3. You cant use the bathroom or kitchen after 10pm. So no cooking or peeing, GOOD LUCK with that.
4. They invaded my privacy almost every day by entering my room and bathroom when I was at my university and when I would come back and ask them why, they would make petty excuses like “we were just checking the room”, “we were just opening the window” this and that while I used to stay silent to avoid conflict.
5. They expect you to clean your bathroom and room every week, sounds fair right? BUT NO, what they expect is you clean the floor, walls, side tables, main table, the bathroom mirror and 6x5 feet bathing area glass, bathing area floor, all bathroom walls, toilet and sink. EVERY WEEK. I don’t think it is humanly possible. If you do not do as they say, get ready to face what I faced.
6. The woman astrid has severe mental issues and needs immediate medications while her husband is her puppet otherwise hes a reasonable guy.
This is all, I am also going to contact the ambassador of France in Pakistan, Pakistani ambassador in France and Campus France to look into this issue. Students shouldn’t be terrorized like this, especially over such a small amount of 70 euros which is laughable.